Sunday, September 20, 2026

Parts of a World August 2026

 I started these paintings from a drawing I made in 2022. I guess it is my age but 4 years seems a short time. Many of my paintings drag on as they weave themselves into newer ideas. This is an example.




To defamiliarize myself, as the painting is very much a performance of moves I memorize, I remade some drawings.



Earlier in 2025 before I left for California I made the acrylic stage which most of my paintings go through. It was winter when I made these and so the acrylic is useful not to have the fumes, but the barn is too cold to paint in and so the paintings stayed in that form for a while.

I like the acrylic form also but somehow don't feel a completion til as I said, my by now memorized forms come to completion in oil. The forms just stand up on the surface as I like it.


So I painted the Parts of a World paintings at the end of August.





I like to see the finished work in the New studio, where it usually then comes into relationship to other work. This often gives me ideas for new work.






Some other paintings which were left unfinished, now had a increased relation to these sand I was anxious to finish them also.




I enjoy the figure of myself in many pictures as a scale thing and also my interaction I feel strongly towards. Art to me is very much a life thing everything is connected to it.










I suppose this interaction is difficult for many but lately it is what gives me most pleasure. It is the procession or juxtaposition of paintings. I follow along often running to catch up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Untitled as of now, September 2026

I taught in California the last two winters. I was involved in life drawing. The experience made the space I was conceiving more narrative. ...